Whether you are starting a new business venture, purchasing or selling a business, or are currently operating a business, the Orlando Corporate Attorneys at Bogin, Munns & Munns can assist you on a variety of matters.
If you are starting a new business, some issues you need to consider are:
- What is the best entity type for your situation?
- Are there options which can help minimize your taxes?
- How is the best way to protect your interests in your business?
- How can you plan for a future transition of the business ownership?
- How can management deadlocks be avoided between and among co-owners?
Our Orlando corporate attorneys can help analyze these issues for your particular circumstances and help prepare documents such as IRS applications, corporate bylaws or operating agreements, and shareholder or membership agreements, as appropriate. In certain instances, a general or limited partnership or a joint venture may be the best alternative, and our attorneys can prepare the necessary partnership agreements. Or if you are creating a not-for-profit entity, our attorneys can help insure that you properly meet the filing requirements of the IRS.
If you are purchasing or selling a business, our attorneys can help you understand the options and help negotiate and documents for the best terms for your transaction covering issues including:
- Are you going to sign an engagement letter with a business broker?
- Should you sign a Letter of Intent?
- What are the critical terms of the purchase and sales agreement?
- Are there ways to minimize the tax impact in the buy-sell agreement?
- Will the seller be limited to the terms of the non-compete agreement?
- Will the seller help finance the acquisition?
- Will the transaction be a merger with or a spin-off from an existing company?
Such transactions need to be well-documented to help avoid disputes after the closing occurs.
If you are operating a business, you constantly face issues regarding new or existing business contracts, potential disputes between the shareholders regarding management decisions or accounting for business profits, protection of your trade secrets and company identity, and many more. Or do you need to terminate the business either through the voluntary or involuntary dissolution and wind-down? Our corporate attorneys can help you understand the legal issues, plan for your protection and assert your rights.
The best way for you to protect yourself is to understand and address your options and issues before they become problems. The experienced corporate attorneys at Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you with the legal process so that you can focus on the growth and profitability of your business.
Call our Orlando corporate attorneys at our main Orlando office at 407-578-1334, or contact a representative in one of other offices nearest you: Clermont, Daytona, Deltona, Gainesville, Kissimmee, Leesburg, Melbourne, or Ocala.